Your lawn is the necklace around the jewel that is your home. Experts recommend you spend ten percent of your home’s value on your lawn, in order to properly showcase your house. The good news is you don’t need to do it all at once, but you do need an overall plan. In order to avoid planting the wrong things or using the wrong treatments that could kill off your plants, you need to hire a lawn service to start you on the right path. Here are some things to consider when searching for the best lawn care company in Atlanta:
What Is Important
- Look for a company who is willing to develop a lawn care program that is tailored to the needs of your yard. This personalized lawn appraisal should spell out a recommended programs based on your lawn’s existing condition, taking into account the amount of shade it receives, how much water it gets, and the existing soil conditions.
- Since no two yards are alike, a complete analysis of the lawn should be done prior to scheduling any treatment or recommendations of new plantings. This analysis should encompass diseases, pests, and your soil conditions.
- The lawn care program that is developed should be comprised of grass nutrients combined with weed controlling agents and high grade grass seed in those areas where you want a lush lawn.
- You want a company that is certified by the state with an extensive background in agronomics.
- There should be a program of on-going training for the employees.
- The company should have been in business for a number of years, is locally owned, and who knows what grows best in the Atlanta environment.
- They should use safe and effective compounds, to protect your children and pets while making your yard stronger.
- The company should be willing to work with you on an overall plan for your yard, including hardscape areas, such as walkways and patios in addition to the softscape plantings they recommend.
- The company should keep in mind the amount of work you want to do to maintain the yard, and use native plants or suggest the installation of an irrigation system.
- Any irrigation or lighting system should come with a warranty on the systems, usually one to five years.
- Their work should come with a fully guaranteed treatment policy.
- The company will monitor the plantings during their scheduled maintenance visits and will re-treat if necessary.
These are a few considerations when searching for the best lawn care company in Atlanta.